2018 FALL CROSS COUNTRY RUNNING:
- July 9 - September 14. Open to the first 50 runners.
- Registration Form
- Copy of Certified Birth Certificate
- Registration Fee - $110
- $40 Uniform Fee (if participant needs a uniform; uniform fee will not be collected at registration)
This program is open to ages 7 – 18. A child’s age will be determined by their age on or before December 31, 2018.
- Sub Bantam - Ages 8 and under
- Bantam - Ages 9 & 10
- Midget - Ages 11 & 12
- Youth - Ages 13 & 14
- Intermediate - Ages 15 & 16
- Young Men & Women - Ages 17 & 18
- $110.00 registration fee per participant: Includes a membership with USA Track & Field Jr. Olympics, and the entry fee to three regular meets and the State meet.
- Any athlete that advances beyond State’s will be responsible for any travel expenses and entry fees.
- First practice - Sunday, August 26
- Practices will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00pm-7:15pm and Sundays from 3:00pm-4:30pm. Monday practice is at Pharr Mill, Wednesday is at Harrisburg Park and Sunday practices are at Frank Liske Park in Concord.
- COACHES ARE NEEDED – If you are interested in coaching, please visit the Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Office. You will be required to fill out the coach’s application, background check form and code of conduct. All coaches will be issued a coach’s badge. This must be worn at all practices and meets. Running experience is not necessary for all positions.
- Sunday, September 23, 2018 -In house meet at Frank Liske Park, 2 pm start
- Saturday, October 6, 2018 - Candy Corn 5K in Concord, NC
- Saturday, October 20, 2018 - USA Southeast M.S. & Age Group Champ. Keeley Park, Greensboro
- Satruday, October 27, 2018 - Halloween Dash with Hurley YMCA Warriors, Salisbury
- Sunday, November 4, 2018 - Middle School & Age Group Cross Country Meet at Hagan Stone Park
- Sunday, November 18th, 2018 - NC State Jr. Olympic Cross Country Championship, Hagan Stone Park
- Saturday, December 8th, 2018 - USATF National Championship in Reno, NV (Only if you qualify)
RUNNING EVENTS (depending on interest and athletic ability)
- 8 and under 2k (1.2 miles)
- 9 to 10 3k (1.8 miles)
- 11 to 12 3k (1.8 miles)
- 13 to 14 4k (2.5 miles)
- 15 to 16 5k (3.1 miles)
- 17 to 18 5k (3.1 miles)
- Jennifer Michalski - HarrisburgRunnersXC@yahoo.com
- Jacqueline Saliba and Jennifer Michalski - Head Coaches
Running registration must be done in person at the Parks and Recreation Office and requires a copy of the child's birth certificate
AGES 7-18 yr old (Age as of December 31, of the current year)