Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
All volunteers with Harrisburg Parks and Recreation are required to complete the Volunteer Waiver Form. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian signature is required. If you are 18 or over, you must complete the Volunteer Waiver and a background check. Background checks are not required on those under 18 years of age. These items must be on file with the Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Department prior to any volunteer work. Note: If you are signing up to be a coach, assistant coach, parent helper, etc. for our youth athletic program – Please see the Volunteer Coaching Application.
(e.g. volunteer coach for [insert youth athletic], 4th of July Celebration ticket booth volunteer, Adopt a Park cleanup volunteer, etc.)
I, the undersigned volunteer, desire and agree to volunteer for the Town of Harrisburg in the volunteer activity described above. I further understand and agree as follows:
1. I am donating my time and services without any compensation and shall at no time be considered an employee or independent contractor of the Town; and the Town will not provide insurance coverage for me.
2. I know of no reason, medical or otherwise, that would prevent me from performing the tasks required to participate in this volunteer activity;
3. I assume all risks of participating in this volunteer activity and full responsibility for my conduct and actions, including any injury to myself or others or damage to property that may result while volunteering, and I understand that the Town is not responsible for conditions that I create myself or those created by other volunteers or participants;
4. I, binding my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Town, its officers, officials, employees, agents and volunteers from and against any and all loss, damage, expense or cost (including attorney fees) of any kind for injuries (including property damage, personal injury, disability and death) arising out of this volunteer activity, whether caused by the negligence of the Town or otherwise.
I (and parent/legal guardian if volunteer is under age 18) have carefully read this release and understand and agree with all terms and conditions.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
(If volunteer is under the age of 18)
Town of Harrisburg (“the Company”) may obtain information about you from a consumer reporting agency
for employment purposes. Thus, you may be the subject of a “consumer report” and/or an “investigative
consumer report” which may include information about your character, general reputation, personal
characteristics, and/or mode of living, and which can involve personal interviews with sources such as your
neighbors, friends or associates. These reports may contain information regarding your criminal history, credit
history, motor vehicle records (“driving records”), verification of your education or employment history or
other background checks. You have the right, upon written request made within a reasonable time after
receipt of this notice, to request disclosure of the nature and scope of any investigative consumer report.
Please be advised that the nature and scope of the most common form of investigative consumer report
obtained with regard to applicants for employment is an investigation into your employment history
conducted by Background Investigation Bureau, LLC, (“BIB”), 9710 Northcross Center Court, Huntersville, NC
28078, (877) 439-3900. You should carefully consider whether to exercise your right to request disclosure of
the nature and scope of any investigative consumer report.
Thank you for completing the online, paperless Volunteer Application. Please select from either option below. Submit or submit and email a copy of the application yourself.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field