EO 124/142 Utility Account Payment Arrangement
The Town of Harrisburg, in compliance with NC Executive Orders 124 and 142, acknowledge the hardship that the COVID-19 pandemic may have placed on our residents and Water and Sewer customers. Many customers have been unable to make payments during this pandemic and have an overdue balance owed to the Town. In an attempt to maintain your water and sewer services and help you address your outstanding utility account balance, the Town is offering Payment Arrangements for up to eighteen (18) months for all affected customers. Payment Arrangements consist of the following:
- Must contact customer service to request a payment arrangement by 5:00 p.m. September 14, 2020.
- Any previously existing past-due balance or one which was incurred through August 15, 2020 will be eligible for inclusion in the payment arrangement.
- Monthly consumption charges (current bills) must be paid in full each month in addition to the payment arrangement portion by your regular due date each month.
Failure to establish a Payment Arrangement, follow the terms of the payment arrangement, or underpayment of your current bills or required arrangement payments will result in disconnection of your utility services. The Town of Harrisburg reserves the right to disconnect service if you do not adhere to the terms of your Payment Arrangement.
If your utility services are disconnected due to failure to adhere to the payment arrangement or non/underpayment of your current balance, reconnection will be made when the required arrangement payment and the current month’s balance due is received.
Some of the community resources available in our area that may be able to assist you with financial burdens resulting from COVID-19 are provided below for your reference. The Town has no public-assistance relationships with, and makes no guarantees for the availability of, assistance in these organizations.
Please contact customer service if you have an outstanding balance with the Town by calling 704-455-5614 or by email CustomerService@HarrisburgNC.org.
- Baptist Sharing House
- 117 Peachtree Avenue SW, Concord, NC 28025
- Cabarrus County Department of Social Services
- 1303 S Cannon Blvd, Kannapolis, NC 28083
- Cooperative Christian Ministry
- 246 Country Club Drive, Post Office Box 1717, Concord, NC 28026
- Habitat for Humanity of Cabarrus County
- 8 Church Street S, Concord, NC 28025
- The Salvation Army
- 216 Patterson Ave, Concord, NC 28025
- United Methodist Church
- Crisis Ministry, Harrisburg - 4560 HWY 49 S, Harrisburg, NC 28075
- United Way of Central Carolinas, Inc
- 601 East 5th Street Suite 350, Charlotte, NC 28202-2317