COVID-19 Protocols Policy - Updated 8-11-2021
Town Management conducted a survey asking for employee's feelings and feedback regarding the COVID-19 vaccination. 83 employees responded to the survey, with 51 employees saying they were vaccinated and 32 saying they were not vaccinated at the time of the survey.
Of those employees who were not vaccinated, their top hesitancies to the vaccination were:
- FDA approval
- Safety of vaccine (including safety for children)
- Long term side effects
- Effectiveness of vaccine
- Not enough testing/quick production/lack of data
To address these hesitancies, Management is providing the following resources:
- FDA Approved First COVID-19 Vaccine: https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine
- COVID-19 Vaccines for People Who Would Like to Have a Baby: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/planning-for-pregnancy.html
- Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/safety-of-vaccines.html
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/adolescents.html
- Possible Side Effects After Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html
- Myths and Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html
Employees who have other specific concerns or would like more information about the COVID-19 vaccination should contact HR.