Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do we find out if there is a delay or office closing for inclement weather? Employees can call into the weather hotline at 704-455-0737. Most departments have their own internal communication process as an additional means of letting their staff know.

2. Does inclement weather apply for Emergency/Essential Personnel? Essential/Emergency Personnel are required to report to work during inclement weather as these positions are heavily relied on to provide essential and emergency services to the residents, businesses and internal staff of the Town.

3. Do I need to make an appointment to meet with Human Resources? The HR Department is always happy to meet with employees. There are occasions that HR may not be available to meet, so to guarantee an appointment, please call to schedule a time.

4. What is a qualifying life event and how long do I have to provide an enrollment/change form and supporting documentation to add/delete a dependent on benefits plans? Qualifying life event is a change in your situation such as marriage, divorce/legal separation, dependent eligibility, birth/adoption, reduced hours, death, cobra exhausted, loss of other coverage, spouse group coverage began, other group coverage change. Please note this list is not exhaustive, but the most common qualifying life events. All changes and supporting documents must be within 31 days of the event.