- Stormwater Services
The Town of Harrisburg's Stormwater Ordinance went into effect January 1, 2008. Stormwater Management staff protects the health and safety of the public by addressing stormwater quality and quantity concerns and ensuring compliance with federal and state stormwater mandates.
NPDES Phase II Permit
In 1972, the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) program was established under the authority of the Clean Water Act. The NPDES Permit requires that the Town of Harrisburg develop regulations, ordinances, policies, and procedures to implement a Stormwater Program. The purpose of the program is to reduce the discharge of pollutants from the municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4). The Town of Harrisburg's MS4 permit was issued November 11, 2016 and is set to expire November 10, 2021. The Phase II Program Components involve the following:
- Public Outreach and Education
- Public Involvement and Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Site Stormwater Runoff Controls
- Post-Construction Stormwater Management
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping
Please visit the tabs on the left hand side to find out how you can get involved and discover more information and resources in each area of the program.
- Town of Harrisburg Engineering Review Fees
- North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ
) Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMP) Manual
- Town of Harrisburg Stormwater Drainage Manual