- Parks & Recreation
- Athletics & Programs
- Youth Sports
- Pop Warner Cheerleading
Pop Warner Cheerleading
The Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Department offers Pop Warner Cheer for children ages 7 to 13. Pop Warner Cheer is offered in the fall. Information regarding registration and leagues will typically be made available in late April or May.
2023 Pop Warner Cheerleading Registration Begins June 1st!
Registration: Thursday, June 1 – Friday, June 30
IN-PERSON REGISTRATION ONLY - ALL Pop Warner registrations must be submitted in person at the Parks & Recreation office during regular office hours, Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
Location: 4100 Main Street Harrisburg, NC 28075 (inside Town Hall)
NOTE: All Town offices will be closed to the public on Friday, June 2.
NOTE: There is NO late registration period for Pop Warner Cheerleading or Football.
IMPORTANT TOWN OF HARRISBURG POLICY CHANGE (as of 7/2022): For all Parks & Recreations fees, "Resident/Town of Harrisburg Taxpayer" refers to participants who reside within Town of Harrisburg City Limits AND pay the additional Harrisburg City Tax to the Town. Fees and residency are no longer based on a Harrisburg address or county residence. This policy change may make the registration cost for your participant different from previous seasons.
Fall 2023 Youth Pop Warner Information Sheet (pdf)
Please click HERE or the link above to read through this season's information sheet for important details, requirements, instructions, and answers to frequently asked questions PRIOR to completing registration documents.
NOTE: No late registrations will be accepted for Pop Warner Football or Cheer. Registrations must be completed in the Parks & Recreation office by 5pm on Friday, June 30, 2023. No exceptions will be made. Any packets brought to the office after June 30th will be placed in a waiting list folder. Parents will be contacted if a spot needs to be filled and they are next on the waiting list for that age group.
NEW FEES AS of 7/1/23: ALL registrations processed in the new fiscal year, which begins July 1st, must be processed at the 2023-2024 registration rate (additional $25 per cheer registration and additional $45 per football registration). This will apply to any player registrations that may be completed from the waiting list.
What Is Required to Sign up?
Note to parents/guardians: You must read through the season's information sheet BEFORE completing a registration for your player(s) to review the important details that will help you complete your player's registration appropriately. The information is also provided to help you determine if this sport/league will be a "good fit" for your family. Please consider all information before submitting a player registration.
Completed registration packets must be submitted in person at the Harrisburg Parks and Recreation office (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm). To speed up the registration process, please come to the office with forms already filled out, if possible, and have all required documents on hand. Click the pdf links below to access/print each required document. All registration packets will be reviewed for completeness and accuracy. Incomplete packets may be rejected.
- 1 copy of Birth Certificate - must be provided each year - we do not keep "on file" from year to year.
- 1 copy of 2022-2023 Report Card - must show grades/standards met for all four quarters of the 2022-2023 school year including final grades/standards met. Note: If you are registering before school ends and final report cards are not available, include the report card showing the first three quarters and be prepared to submit the 4th quarter/final grades prior to first practice.
- Registration Fee and Equipment Deposit Payment - cash, check, and credit/debit card payments accepted. If paying with cash, no bills larger than $20 are accepted (unless part of exact payment with no change required).
- Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Registration Form (pdf) - includes waiver, code of conduct, and acknowledgements, and must be signed and dated by parent/guardian at the bottom of last page.
- Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Pop Warner Cheer Agreement (pdf) - must be signed by parent/guardian at bottom of page two.
- Pop Warner Participant Contract/Consent Form (pdf) - must be signed and dated by parent/guardian at bottom of page two.
- Pop Warner Physical Fitness & Medical History Form (pdf) - Section I (to be completed by parent/guardian) AND Section II (must be completed by licensed medical professional on or after 1/1/2023). Note: The physical fitness form can be submitted separately from packet if the child's physical appointment is scheduled for June or July and/or you are waiting for the child's doctor's office to complete the form. Sections I and II MUST be submitted prior to first practice!
- Pop Warner Home School Form (pdf) - only required if applicable.
- Pop Warner Scholastic Eligibility Form (pdf) - only required if applicable.
NOTE: All required forms must be submitted to Parks & Recreation to complete player packet prior to August 1, 2023. Players with missing forms/incomplete registration packets will not be allowed to participate in practices or games until completed and approved. No exceptions will be made.
- Saturday, June 24th, 8:00am - 10:00am, at the Parks & Recreation office inside Harrisburg Town Hall
- No appointments - players will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis
- $25 per physical - CASH ONLY / EXACT AMOUNT ONLY
- This is an option provided for players who are not able to get the required section II of the Physical Fitness form completed by their regular doctor prior to the start of practice.
Inclement Weather: Updated information regarding inclement weather can be found using the following options:
- Call the Weather Hotline at 704-455-2903 and select option 1
- Visit the Cancellations & Closing webpage by clicking HERE or visiting https://www.harrisburgnc.org/245/Cancellations-Closings
Please visit the coaching page by clicking HERE (or via the list on the left-hand side of this page) for additional coaching information and required Parks & Recreation documents to be submitted each season. NOTE: Pop Warner requires additional forms/certifications. See 2023 Pop Warner information sheet for additional details and requirements.
Fall 2023 Youth Pop Warner CHEERLEADING Divisions
Note: Actual divisions offered by Harrisburg Parks & Recreation are subject to change based on registration numbers.
Division placement will be based on the child’s age as of July 31, 2023, and their experience level.
Ages as of 7/31/2023
Inclusive Birth Dates
|Mitey-Mites - exhibition only|
7, 8, and 9
8/1/13 - 7/31/16
Junior Pee Wee / Pee Wee
8, 9, 10, 11, and 12
8/1/10 - 7/31/15
|Jr. Varsity (JV)|
10, 11, 12, and 13
8/1/09 - 7/31/13
Fall 2023 Pop Warner Cheer Important Dates to Remember (tentative and subject to change)
- When to expect to be contacted by a coach: Registered participants should expect to be contacted no later than the weekend before the start of practice. Please check voicemails, emails, texts, and spam/junk folders for messages. Contact the Town of Harrisburg Parks and Recreation office if you have not been contacted by a coach by July 31st.
- Practices: to start the week of August 1st.
- Practice Schedules: to be posted online as soon as possible after team rosters are created.
- Football Game Sideline/Exhibition Cheer Schedules: will begin as soon as August 26, 2023. Football game schedules are created and released by Pop Warner typically the week prior to each game. Parks & Recreation and/or coaches will share coordinating cheer schedules as they are available.
- Competition Schedule, if applicable - TBD
- Picture day: TBD
Fall Youth Pop Warner Field Layout & Practice Schedules
- Fall Youth Cheer, Flag Football, Football, and Soccer - Field Layout (PDF)
- Fall 2023 Practice Schedules - TBD
Policies and Waivers:
- Athletic Refund Policy: 100% Refund of Registration Fee prior to league's first scheduled practice. 50% of Registration Fee prior to league's first scheduled game. No refund after league's first scheduled game. A $10 administrative fee will apply to all refunds. Convenience fees are non-refundable. Any discounts/credits received will be factored into refund total. All refunds will be issued via check and mailed within 30 days of approved request.
- General Liability Release and Indemnification Waiver (PDF)
- Media Release Waiver (PDF)
- Zero Tolerance Policy and Parents Code of Conduct (PDF)
For other sport-specific information including schedules, rules, etc. please click the appropriate link below.
|Baseball||Basketball||Flag Football||Pop Warner Cheer||Pop Warner Football||Soccer||Softball|
Harrisburg Parks and Recreation participates in Giving Assistant! If you are considering shopping online, please shop, save and donate by visiting GivingAssistant.org. Look for Harrisburg Parks and Recreation as your donation selection. These funds go to the improvements of youth athletics, programs and facilities.
Giving Assistant shoppers earn as much as $700 cash back per year, and they donate a percentage of those earnings to organizations they value. Now, every purchase can result in a donation. Start donating with Giving Assistant today, and unlock deals like exclusive Pizza Hut coupons, as well as big savings at Bed Bath & Beyond, Office Depot and more. With 3,000+ popular online retailers, your opportunities to save—and give—are endless.