Pop Warner Cheerleading
The Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Department offers Pop Warner Cheer for children ages 7 to 13. Pop Warner Cheer is offered in the fall. Information regarding registration and leagues will typically be made available in late April or May.
2023 Pop Warner Cheer Registration is Closed.
Inclement Weather: Updated information regarding inclement weather can be found using the following options:
- Call the Weather Hotline at 704-455-2903 and select option 1
- Visit the Cancellations & Closing webpage by clicking HERE (https://www.harrisburgnc.org/245/Cancellations-Closings)
2023 Youth Pop Warner CHEERLEADING DivisionsDivision placement will be based on the child’s age as of July 31 of the current year and their experience level.
Ages as of 7/31/2023
Inclusive Birth Dates
|Mitey-Mites - exhibition only|
7, 8, and 9
8/1/13 - 7/31/16
Junior Pee Wee / Pee Wee
8, 9, 10, 11, and 12
8/1/10 - 7/31/15
|Jr. Varsity (JV)|
10, 11, 12, and 13
8/1/09 - 7/31/13
|Note: Divisions offered by Harrisburg Parks & Recreation each fall are subject to change based on registration numbers.|
Schedules (tentative and subject to change)
- Football game schedules are created and released by Pop Warner typically the week prior to each game. Parks & Recreation and/or coaches will share coordinating cheer schedules as they are available.
- Competition Schedule, if applicable - TBD
- Picture day: TBD
Fall Youth Pop Warner Field Layout & Practice Schedules
- Fall Youth Cheer, Flag Football, Football, and Soccer - Field Layout (PDF)
- Fall 2023 Practice Schedules - TBD
Please visit the coaching page by clicking HERE (or via the list on the left-hand side of this page) for additional coaching information and required Parks & Recreation documents to be submitted each season. NOTE: Pop Warner requires additional forms/certifications. See Pop Warner information sheet and contact the coordinator for additional details and requirements.
Policies and Waivers:
- Athletics Refund Policy: Refunds will only be considered and/or issued when an official withdrawal is requested through the Parks & Recreation office, via email, phone, or in person, within the timeframes specified below. NO refunds will be issued due to a player's non-attendance or lack of participation at practices and/or games.
- General Liability Release and Indemnification Waiver (PDF)
- Media Release Waiver (PDF)
- Zero Tolerance Policy and Parents Code of Conduct (PDF)
What Is Required to Sign up for Pop Warner?
Registration for Pop Warner requires multiple documents and forms and can therefore only be completed in person at the Harrisburg Parks and Recreation office. All registration packets will be reviewed for completeness and accuracy. Incomplete packets may be rejected. Below is a list of items typically required for registration.
- 1 copy of Birth Certificate - must be provided each year - we do not keep "on file" from year to year.
- 1 copy of Report Card - must show final grades/standards met and promotion status.
- Registration Fee and Equipment Deposit Payment
- Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Registration Form (includes waiver, code of conduct, and acknowledgements)
- Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Pop Warner Cheer Agreement
- Pop Warner Participant Contract/Consent Form
- Pop Warner Physical Fitness & Medical History Form - Section I (parent/guardian) AND Section II (must be completed by licensed medical professional on or after January 1st of the current year.
- Pop Warner Home School Form (only if applicable)
- Pop Warner Scholastic Eligibility Form (only if applicable)
For other sport-specific information including schedules, rules, etc. please click the appropriate link below.
|Baseball||Basketball||Flag Football||Pop Warner Cheer||Pop Warner Football||Soccer||Softball|
Harrisburg Parks and Recreation participates in Giving Assistant! If you are considering shopping online, please shop, save and donate by visiting GivingAssistant.org. Look for Harrisburg Parks and Recreation as your donation selection. These funds go to the improvements of youth athletics, programs and facilities.
Giving Assistant shoppers earn as much as $700 cash back per year, and they donate a percentage of those earnings to organizations they value. Now, every purchase can result in a donation. Start donating with Giving Assistant today, and unlock deals like exclusive Pizza Hut coupons, as well as big savings at Bed Bath & Beyond, Office Depot and more. With 3,000+ popular online retailers, your opportunities to save—and give—are endless.