The Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Department offers flag football for children ages 5 to 6. Flag Football is offered in the fall. Information regarding spring registration and league information will typically be available in December/January. Information regarding fall registration and league information will typically be available in late April or early May.
Fall 2023 Flag Football Registration IS OPEN!
REGULAR Registration: May 22 - June 11
*LATE Registration Period: June 12 - June 18
*A $25 late fee will be applied to each late registration submitted. A donation of 12 canned goods per late registration may be made to have the fee waived. Cans must be presented at time of registration to have the fee waived; therefore, late registrations with canned goods can only be processed in person at the Parks and Recreation office between Monday, June 12, and Friday, June 16.
IMPORTANT TOWN OF HARRISBURG POLICY CHANGE: For all Parks & Recreation fees, "Resident/Town of Harrisburg Taxpayer" refers to participants who reside within Town of Harrisburg city limits and pay the additional Harrisburg City Tax to the Town. Fees and residency are no longer based on a Harrisburg address or county residence. This policy change may make the registration cost for your participant different from previous seasons (prior to winter 2022).
2023 Fall Sports Information Sheet (pdf)
Please click HERE or the link above to read through this season's information sheet for important details, requirements, instructions, and answers to frequently asked questions PRIOR to registering a child.
Where/How to Register:
NOTE TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS: You must read through the season's information sheet BEFORE completing a registration for your player(s) to review the important details that will help you complete your player's registration appropriately. The information is also provided to help you determine if this sport/league will be a "good fit" for your family. Please consider all information before completing a player registration. Due to the complexity of team creation, scheduling, uniforms, etc., we cannot make player and/or team changes after team drafts are completed.
Registration is available online or in-person at the Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Office. All registrations are processed through the CivicRec program, so an active member account is required. Additional household members, such as children and spouse, need to be added to the main member account in order to register them for an activity. Please keep all household members under one main account for easier tracking of activities, payments, etc., and be careful to not create multiple accounts.
- Online Registration: https://secure.rec1.com/NC/harrisburg-nc/catalog
- If you need assistance with registration, please click HERE to watch a video for step-by-step instructions.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, you may call the office at 704-455-7275 (M-F 8am-5pm).
- In person: The Harrisburg Parks and Recreation office is located in Harrisburg Town Hall (4100 Main Street Harrisburg, NC 28075). The office is open and available for walk-in registrations Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.
- Waiting List Information: If you miss regular and late registration and are still interested in having a child participate in a sport, you may add the child to the waiting list for their age division via the registration link. No payment is required to place a child on a waiting list. If a spot needs to be filled for an age group and/or on a specific team, the Parks & Recreation staff will refer to the waiting list to fill that opening as a late registration. If a spot becomes available, and your player is next on the waiting list, you will be contacted via phone and/or email - a quick response and registration are necessary, or the spot will be offered to the next person.
Inclement Weather: Updated information regarding inclement weather can be found using the following options:
- Call the Weather Hotline at 704-455-2903 and select option 1
- Visit the Cancellations & Closings webpage at https://www.harrisburgnc.org/245/Cancellations-Closings
Coaching Information: Please visit the coaching page by clicking HERE (or via the list on the left-hand side of this page) for additional coaching information and required documents to be submitted each season. https://www.harrisburgnc.org/227/Coaching
Flag Football Schedules and Player Contact Information:
Players should be contacted by a coach during the week leading up to their first scheduled practice. Be sure the primary contact information in your CivicRec account is updated. Please check voicemails, emails, texts, and spam folders for messages. If you have not been contacted by a coach by 4pm on Thursday, August 10, please contact the Parks & Recreation department.
Practice schedules will be posted approximately one week prior to the start of practices.
- Fall 2023 Practice Schedule - TBD
Game schedules will be posted as soon as possible after practices have begun.
- Fall 2023 Game Schedule - TBD
Flag Football Rules
- Fall 2022 Flag Football Rules
- Fall 2023 Flag Football Rules - coming soon
Policies and Waivers:
- Athletic Refund Policy: 100% Refund of Registration Fee prior to league's first scheduled practice. 50% of Registration Fee prior to league's first scheduled game. No refund after league's first scheduled game. A $10 administrative fee will apply to all refunds. Convenience fees are non-refundable. All refunds will be issued via check and mailed within 30 days of approved request.
- General Liability Release and Indemnification Waiver (PDF)
- Media Release Waiver (PDF)
- Zero Tolerance Policy and Parents Code of Conduct (PDF)
Fall Flag Football - Field Layout & Diagrams
For other sport-specific information including schedules, rules, etc. please click the appropriate link below.
|Baseball||Basketball||Flag Football||Pop Warner Cheer||Pop Warner Football||Soccer||Softball|
Harrisburg Parks and Recreation participates in Giving Assistant! If you are considering shopping online, please shop, save and donate by visiting GivingAssistant.org. Look for Harrisburg Parks and Recreation as your donation selection. These funds go to the improvements of youth athletics, programs and facilities.
Giving Assistant shoppers earn as much as $700 cash back per year, and they donate a percentage of those earnings to organizations they value. Now, every purchase can result in a donation. Start donating with Giving Assistant today, and unlock deals like exclusive Pizza Hut coupons, as well as big savings at Bed Bath & Beyond, Office Depot and more. With 3,000+ popular online retailers, your opportunities to save—and give—are endless.