Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board is currently accepting applications for the board from October 14, 2021 - December 12, 2021. Interested parties should fill out the application at the bottom of this page and email to Shawn Marble at: [email protected]. Please plan to attend the December 20, 2021 Advisory Board meeting at 6pm if possible. Final appointments will be made at the January 10, 2021 Town Council meeting.
- 6 p.m.
- Fourth Monday of every month
- The Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meets virtually via Zoom OR in person at Harrisburg Town Hall Council Chambers, 4100 Main St. Harrisburg, NC 28075. Please refer to the Agenda for the month you wish to attend the meeting for the location.
- Questions: Call Harrisburg Parks and Recreation: 704-466-7275
Agendas & Minutes
Meeting agendas are posted three to five days prior to the scheduled meeting date. Minutes are posted after the meeting has been held and minutes have been approved, usually following the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- Linda Thurman, Chair
- Jason Marshall, Vice Chair
- Delroy Ross, Secretary
- Mohammad Idlibi
- Carl Westine
- Tim Morris
- Brett Crosby
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board is a volunteer board consisting of seven members. All seven members reside in the Town of Harrisburg. The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board recommends policies, projects, and possible funding opportunities to the Town Council, as well as acting as a liaison to the community, soliciting volunteers, and making recommendations to the Parks and Recreation Department on opportunities to improve the quality of life for Harrisburg residents through affordable, family-oriented programming, parks, and special events.
Join the Board
If you are a Harrisburg resident interested in serving on this board or any other board and/or are looking for volunteer opportunities within the Town of Harrisburg to stay involved, please fill out the application. These applications will be kept on file if a vacancy on this board or other boards open up throughout the year.
- Jim Spina, Parks and Recreation Director
- Shawn Marble, Assistant Parks and Recreation Director
Town Council Liaisons
- Rodney Dellinger
- John Booth (alternate)