Harrisburg Running Club
2019 Registration Dates
- Monday, July 15 through Friday, September 6, 2019
- Open to the first 50 runners
- $40 Uniform Fee (if participant needs a uniform; uniform fee will not be collected at registration)
- Copy of Certified Birth Certificate
- Registration Fee: $110
- Registration Form
This program is open to ages 7 through 18. A child’s age will be determined by their age on or before December 31.
- Sub Bantam: Ages 8 and under
- Bantam: Ages 9 and 10
- Midget: Ages 11 and 12
- Youth: Ages 13 and 14
- Intermediate: Ages 15 and 16
- Young Men and Women: Ages 17 and 18
- $110 registration fee per participant: Includes a membership with United States of America Track and Field (USATF) Jr. Olympics, registration in the Candy Corn 5K, and the entry fee to three regular meets and the State meet.
- $75.00 for current USATF members (must present membership card at time of registration).
- High School XC athletes may join to run at the end of their season for a reduced rate of $75.00
- Any athlete that advances beyond State will be responsible for any travel expenses. The club will cover National meet entry fees if possible.
- First practice: Sunday, August 25th, 2019
Practices will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. and Sundays from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday practice is at Pharr Mill Park, Wednesday is at Harrisburg Park and Sunday practices are at Frank Liske Park in Concord.
If you are interested in coaching, please visit the Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Office. You will be required to fill out the coach’s application, background check form and code of conduct. All coaches will be issued a coach’s badge that must be worn at all practices and meets. Running experience is not necessary for all positions.
Tentative Schedule - **Subject to Change**
- September 29th, 2019 - In house meet at Frank Liske Park, 2:00pm start
- October 19th, 2019 - USA Southeast M.S. & Age Group Champ. Keeley Park, Greenboro (?)
- October 26th, 2019 - Halloween Dash with Hurley YMCA Warriors, Salisbury
- November 3rd, 2019 - Middle School & Age Group Cross Country Meet at Hagan Stone Park
- November 17th, 2019 - NC State Jr. Olympic Cross Country Championship, Hagan Stone Park (?)
- December 14th, 2019 - USATF National Championship in Madison, WI (Only if you qualify)
Running Events (Depending on Interest & Athletic Ability)
- 8 and under, 2 kilometers (1.2 miles)
- 9 to 10 3, kilometers (1.8 miles)
- 11 to 12, 3 kilometers (1.8 miles)
- 13 to 14, 4 kilometers (2.5 miles)
- 15 to 16, 5 kilometers (3.1 miles)
- 17 to 18, 5 kilometers (3.1 miles)
- Email Jennifer Michalski
- Head Coaches: Jacqueline Saliba and Jennifer Michalski
- Ages 7 to 18-year-old (Age as of December 31 of the current year)
- Full information sheet for the Harrisburg Runners (PDF)
- Registration Form (PDF)
- Running registration must be done in person at the Parks and Recreation Office and requires a copy of the child's birth certificate.
**Instructors may or may not contact you prior to the camp's, class', or program's start date. Please plan on arriving on the first day at the designated location and time. If you have questions about the camp, class, or program, please contact the Town of Harrisburg Parks and Recreation. Our phone number is (704) 455-7275 and we are open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm daily, unless otherwise posted.**
Harrisburg Parks and Recreation participates in Giving Assistant! If you are considering shopping online, please shop, save and donate by visiting GivingAssistant.org. Look for Harrisburg Parks and Recreation as your donation selection. These funds go to the improvements of youth athletics, programs and facilities.
Giving Assistant shoppers earn as much as $700 cash back per year, and they donate a percentage of those earnings to organizations they value. Now, every purchase can result in a donation. Start donating with Giving Assistant today, and unlock deals like exclusive Pizza Hut coupons, as well as big savings at Bed Bath & Beyond, Office Depot and more. With 3,000+ popular online retailers, your opportunities to save—and give—are endless.