The Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of year-round opportunities for children interested in youth sports. Sports are offered in a supportive, family-friendly environment that focuses on sportsman-like conduct and fun. We put the children’s experience and education of the sport at the forefront of all youth sport league goals.
We pride ourselves on having the best volunteers in the area that coach our youth sports teams. Our volunteers understand player education and that experience far outweighs the numbers in the win/loss column. The sign of a great coach and great league is the number of children that return year after year to the program.
Traditional Youth Sports Leagues Offered by Harrisburg Parks and Recreation
SPRING - registration typically begins in January.
- Baseball - ages 3 to 15
- Soccer - ages 3 to 17
- Softball - ages 7 to 15
FALL - registration typically begins in May (baseball, softball, soccer, flag football) and June (Pop Warner football/cheer).
- Baseball - ages 3 to 15
- Flag Football - ages 5 to 6
- Pop Warner Cheer - ages 7 to 13
- Pop Warner Football - ages 7 to 12
WINTER - registration typically begins in September.
- Basketball - ages 5 to 16
GENERAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
NOTE: For specific dates, detailed information, rules, etc. for each sport and season, visit the sport-specific page by clicking on the appropriate link.
Due to the amount of time needed to organize and prepare for our sports programs, youth sports registration takes place approximately 2-3 months prior to the beginning of the sports season.
Registration is available online or in-person at the Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Office. Note: There is no online registration option for Pop Warner Football or Cheerleading. Registration for Pop Warner squads can only be processed in person due to forms, documents, and verifications required.
Registrations are processed through the CivicRec program, so an active member account is required. Individual household members, such as children and spouse, must be added to the primary account as "account members" in order to be able to register them for an activity. Please keep all household members under one main account for easier tracking of activities, payments, etc., and be careful to not create multiple/duplicate accounts.
- Online Registration Catalog: https://secure.rec1.com/NC/harrisburg-nc/catalog
- If you need assistance with online registration, call the office at 704-455-7275 (M-F, 8am-5pm) or email [email protected]. You must leave a message with your name and phone number to receive a return call.
- In-person Registration and assistance is available at the Harrisburg Parks and Recreation office located at 4100 Main Street Harrisburg, NC 28075 (inside Town Hall).
- The Parks and Recreation Office is open and available for walk-in registrations Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.
- Waiting List Process (available after registration has ended): If you miss regular and late registration and are still interested in having a child participate in a sport, you may add the child to the waiting list for the specific sport and their age division via the registration system. No payment is required to place a child on a waiting list. Placement on a waiting list does NOT guarantee a spot on a team. The waiting list will only be used if a spot needs to be filled for an age group and/or on a specific team. If a spot becomes available, and your player is the next eligible person on the waiting list, the Parks & Recreation staff will contact you via phone and/or email. A quick response and registration payment are necessary, or the spot will be offered to the next person. Registrations from the waiting list will be processed as late registrations (additional fee) and will not be prorated for any missed practices/games.
Inclement Weather: Updated information regarding inclement weather can be found using the following options:
- Call the Weather Hotline at 704-455-2903 and select option 1.
- Visit the Cancellations & Closings page at https://www.harrisburgnc.org/245/Cancellations-Closings.
Policies and Waivers:
- Athletics & Programs Refund Policy (pdf)