The Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of year-round opportunities for children interested in youth sports.
Sports are offered in a supportive, family-friendly environment that focuses on sportsman-like conduct and fun. We put the children’s experience and education of the sport at the forefront of all youth sport league goals.
We pride ourselves on having the best volunteers in the area that coach our youth sports teams. Our volunteers understand player education and that experience far outweighs the numbers in the win/loss column. The sign of a great coach and great league is the number of children that return year after year to the program.
NOTE: Youth players are only allowed to be registered for ONE sport per season. This policy is enforced for the player's safety and in consideration of their teammates and coaches, as practice and/or game schedules will likely conflict during the season.
Traditional Youth Sports Leagues
SPRING - registration typically occurs in January.
- Baseball - ages 3 to 15
- Soccer - ages 3 to 17
- Softball - ages 7 to 15
FALL - registration typically occurs in June.
- Baseball - ages 3 to 15
- Flag Football - ages 5 to 6
- Pop Warner Cheer - ages 7 to 13
- Pop Warner Football - ages 7 to 12
WINTER - registration typically occurs in September.
- Basketball - ages 5 to 16
For specific dates and detailed information for each sport and season, please visit the sport-specific page by clicking on the link in the green column on the left-hand side of this page. Due to the amount of time needed to organize and prepare for our sports programs, registration takes place approximately 2-3 months prior to the beginning of the sports season.
NOTE TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS: You must read through the season's information sheet BEFORE completing a registration for your player(s) to review the important details, requirements, instructions, and answers to frequently asked questions that will help you complete your player's registration appropriately. The information is also provided to help you determine if this sport/league will be a "good fit" for your family. Please consider all information before completing a player registration. Due to the complexity of team creation and equity, scheduling, uniforms, etc., we cannot make player and/or team changes after team drafts are completed.
- Winter 2023-2024 Basketball Information Sheet
- 2023 Fall Sports Information Sheet
- 2023 Fall Pop Warner Football and Cheerleading Information Sheet
- Spring 2023 Information Sheet
As of July 2022, for all Parks & Recreation fees, “Resident/Town of Harrisburg Taxpayer” refers to participants who reside within Town of Harrisburg city limits and pay Harrisburg City Taxes to the Town of Harrisburg. Fees and residency are no longer based on a Harrisburg address or county residence.
Where/How to Register (and add a child to waiting list):
Registration is available online or in-person at the Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Office. All registrations are processed through the CivicRec program, so an active member account is required. Individual household members, such as children and spouse, need to be added to the main member account in order to be able to register them for an activity. Please keep all household members under one main account for easier tracking of activities, payments, etc., and be careful to not create multiple accounts.
- Online: https://secure.rec1.com/NC/harrisburg-nc/catalog
- If you need assistance with online registration, you may call the office at 704-455-7275 (M-F, 8am-5pm) or email [email protected].
- Note: There is no online registration option for Pop Warner Football or Cheer.
- In person: The Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Office is located in Harrisburg Town Hall (4100 Main Street Harrisburg, NC 28075). The office is open and available for walk-in registrations Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.
- Waiting List Information: If you miss regular and late registration and are still interested in having a child participate in a sport, you may add the child to the waiting list for the specific sport and their age division via the registration link. No payment is required to place a child on a waiting list. Placement on the waiting list does NOT guarantee a spot on a team. The waiting list will only be used if a spot needs to be filled for an age group and/or on a specific team. If a spot becomes available, and your player is next on the waiting list, the Parks & Recreation staff will contact you via phone and/or email - a quick response and registration payment are necessary, or the spot will be offered to the next person. Registrations from the waiting list will be processed as late registrations (additional fee) and will not be prorated for any missed practices/games.
Inclement Weather: Updated information regarding inclement weather can be found using the following options:
- Call the Weather Hotline at 704-455-2903 and select option 1
- Visit the Cancellations & Closings page at https://www.harrisburgnc.org/245/Cancellations-Closings.
Coaching Information: Please visit the coaching page by clicking the link on the left-hand side of this page or the link provided here for additional coaching information and required documents to be submitted.
Policies and Waivers:
- Athletics Refund Policy: Refunds will only be considered and/or issued when an official withdrawal is requested through the Parks & Recreation office, via email, phone, or in person, within the timeframes specified below. NO refunds will be issued due to a player's non-attendance or lack of participation at practices and/or games.
- 100% Refund of paid registration fee for withdrawals requested prior to the league's first scheduled practice date.
- 50% Refund of paid registration fee for withdrawals requested prior to the league's first scheduled game date.
- NO refunds will be issued for withdrawals requested on or after the league's first scheduled game date.
- A $10 administrative fee will be applied to all refunds. Convenience fees are non-refundable.
Harrisburg Parks and Recreation participates in Giving Assistant! If you are considering shopping online, please shop, save and donate by visiting GivingAssistant.org. Look for Harrisburg Parks and Recreation as your donation selection. These funds go to the improvements of youth athletics, programs and facilities.
Giving Assistant shoppers earn as much as $700 cash back per year, and they donate a percentage of those earnings to organizations they value. Now, every purchase can result in a donation. Start donating with Giving Assistant today, and unlock deals like exclusive Pizza Hut coupons, as well as big savings at Bed Bath & Beyond, Office Depot and more. With 3,000+ popular online retailers, your opportunities to save—and give—are endless.