Plan Submission Guidelines
Engineering Department Construction Plan Review Submission Requirements
- Plans shall be submitted through the Planning Department. Plans will not be accepted for review until all required documents, calculations, and associated permits are received. A stormwater concept plan meeting is required per the Ordinance in advance of submitting construction plans.
- Plans shall be submitted on 24” x 36” plan sheets.
- Scale shall be 1”=4’ or 1”=5’ vertical; 1”=40’ or 1” =50’ horizontal. Scale, North Arrow, and Project Name shall be displayed clearly on all plan sheets.
- Construction documents including Site Plan, Grading Plan, Erosion and Sediment Control Plan, Road Plan and Profiles, Storm Drainage Profiles, Landscaping and Signage plans shall be combined into one submittal.
- Road Plan and Profiles shall be shown with the profile above the road, displayed on the same sheet.
- Water and Sewer Plans shall be combined into one submittal.
Specifications & Standards
The Town utilizes the following specifications and standards for its infrastructure design. Please reference and utilize these resources in your design, layout and submission of the design plans and associated calculation packages.
Water and Sewer Infrastructure
- The Water and Sewer Authority of Cabarrus County (WSACC) Standard Specifications and Design Standards
- The Town of Harrisburg Stormwater Drainage Manual
- North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ) Stormwater BMP Manual
- Stormwater Plan and Report Checklist
- Chapter 53 of the Code of Ordinances – Harrisburg Stormwater Ordinance https://codelibrary.amlegal.com/codes/harrisburg/latest/harrisburg_nc/0-0-0-3749
- The Town of Harrisburg Unified Development Ordinance
- North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) Roadway Design Manual
Plan reviews will begin once the following items have been received:
- All relevant review fees (i.e. storm drainage review fee, construction plan review fee, etc.)
- All information needed for reviews to begin has been submitted (i.e. storm drain calculations, Water Quality
plans, details, etc.)
- The Town's Technical Review Committee meets bi-weekly to initiate the process for plan review. After a full set of plans and all required supplemental documentation are received, they will be added to the next TRC meeting agenda. The TRC meeting kicks off the 30-day review process. Once the review is completed, a member of the Town's planning staff will respond with comments or approval.
Certificates of Occupancy
Certificates of Occupancy will be issued and Final Plats will be signed only when the following have been received:
- As-built/record drawings for water, sewer, and storm drainage infrastructure submitted and accepted by the Department. These drawings must be submitted in mylar, hard-copy format as well as in PDF digital format.
- The Department must have received copies of the water and sewer engineering certifications.
At a minimum, all commercial developments require a backflow preventer with a double-check valve. Reference the Town’s Unified Development Ordinance for the cross-connection ordinance, manual and details for more information.