Park Address: 191 Sims Parkway, Harrisburg, NC 28075
Shelter Address: 250 Sims Parkway, Harrisburg, NC 28075
Park Hours: Sunrise to Sunset, Monday through Sunday from 8:00am to 8:00pm*
*Winter Season (November - February) Operational Hours, Sunrise to Sunset
Monday through Sunday from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Harrisburg Park covers 33.68 acres and is certified by the National Wildlife Federation as a wildlife habitat. Harrisburg Park is home to the Harrisburg Farmers Market operated by the Piedmont Farmers Market from April through October. The Harrisburg branch of the Cabarrus County library system is also located just inside the park entrance. The park is home to a log cabin and post office, structures that are reminiscent of the town's early days of development, along the railroad from Raleigh to Charlotte, that have been relocated to the site just off Robinson Church Rd.
Park amenities include:
- 33.68 Acres
- One picnic shelter (available for rental):
- Can accommodate 72 people
- 12 picnic tables
- Two charcoal grills
- Electricity and lighting available
- Two multi-purpose soccer/football fields
- Will be closed November through March due to being winterized
- A paved walking trail (2135 ft length)
- Mountain Bike Trail
- Sand volleyball court
- Permanent corn hole courts
- Horseshoe pits
- Historic Post Office
- Old Log Cabin located off of 7000 Harris Depot Road, Harrisburg, NC 28075.
- Harrisburg Farmers Market located off of 6960 Harris Depot Road, Harrisburg, NC 28075.
- Harrisburg Branch Library located off of 201 Sims Parkway, Harrisburg, NC 28075.