Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
In order to coach or assist in any way with a Harrisburg Parks & Recreation Youth Sports Team, interested candidates must complete the following items and then be approved by the Parks & Recreation Department: 1) Volunteer Coaching Application 2) Sign the Coaches Code of Conduct 3) Volunteer Waiver
All volunteers with Harrisburg Parks and Recreation are required to complete the Volunteer Waiver Form. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian signature is required. If you are 18 or over, you must complete the Volunteer Waiver and a background check. Background checks are not required on those under 18 years of age. These items must be on file with the Harrisburg Parks and Recreation Department prior to any volunteer work. Note: If you are signing up to be a coach, assistant coach, parent helper, etc. for our youth athletic program.
Please select one of the following.
Please select one or more options if interested.
Please provide the head coach's first and last name if known. If not, please type N/A.
By my signature below, I agree to the following:
- I understand that participation in this activity has inherent risks, and I hereby assume such risks.
- I understand that accident insurance is NOT provided for program participation.
- I agree to follow all instructions, rules, and regulations set forth by the Parks and Recreation Department and its employees, supervisors, and volunteers.
- I agree to hold harmless the Town of Harrisburg, its officers, employees volunteers, and instructors from any and all of, or in any manner be connected with the program, except those that arise from gross negligence or willful misconduct of the indemnities, its officers, agents, or employees.
- Due to not having a background check, I understand that I may be asked to withdraw from the program if, at any time, a parent, coach, or team member is uncomfortable with my presence.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
1. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of any personal desire to win.
2. I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
3. I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
4. I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
5. I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
6. I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
7. I will be knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and I will teach these rules to my players.
8. I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
9. I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.
10. I will respect the integrity and judgment of game officials.
11. I will display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat.
12. I will be no party to the use of profanity, obscene language or improper actions.
13. I will treat each player, opposing coach, official, parent and administrator with respect and dignity.
14. I will learn the strengths and weaknesses of my players so that I might place them into situations where they have a maximum opportunity to achieve success.
15. I will conduct my practices and games so that all players have an opportunity to improve their skill level through active participation
16. I will lead by example.
17. I will be generous with praise, when it is deserved.
18. I will never ridicule or shout at players for making mistakes or losing a game.
19. I will ensure that all players participate. The "average" players require and deserve equal time.
20. I will create a safe and enjoyable environment in which to train and play.
21. I will make a personal commitment to keep informed on sound coaching principles and methods, and on the principles of growth and development of young people.
I understand the Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to suspend any coach/volunteer/parent whose conduct is considered detrimental to the best interest of the Harrisburg Parks & Recreation Youth Athletic Program.
I recognize the responsibility encumbered upon me to model ethical behavior. I pledge to observe, practice and maintain this Code of Conduct.
Violations to the Coaches Code of Conduct is a serious matter and could subject the violator to appropriate action, including separation from the league. Reports of or disputes relating to possible violations should be brought to the attention of Harrisburg Parks & Recreation.
(e.g. volunteer coach for [insert youth athletic], 4th of July Celebration ticket booth volunteer, Adopt a Park cleanup volunteer, etc.)
I, the undersigned volunteer, desire and agree to volunteer for the Town of Harrisburg in the volunteer activity described above. I further understand and agree as follows:
1. I am donating my time and services without any compensation and shall at no time be considered an employee or independent contractor of the Town; and the Town will not provide insurance coverage for me.
2. I know of no reason, medical or otherwise, that would prevent me from performing the tasks required to participate in this volunteer activity;
3. I assume all risks of participating in this volunteer activity and full responsibility for my conduct and actions, including any injury to myself or others or damage to property that may result while volunteering, and I understand that the Town is not responsible for conditions that I create myself or those created by other volunteers or participants;
4. I, binding my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Town, its officers, officials, employees, agents and volunteers from and against any and all loss, damage, expense or cost (including attorney fees) of any kind for injuries (including property damage, personal injury, disability and death) arising out of this volunteer activity, whether caused by the negligence of the Town or otherwise.
I (and parent/legal guardian if volunteer is under age 18) have carefully read this release and understand and agree with all terms and conditions.
(If volunteer is under the age of 18)
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field