Passport applications are now accepted by appointment only at Harrisburg Town Hall, 4100 Main Street, Suite 101. Walk-in applications can no longer be accepted due to the high volume of passport applications and the need for staff to maintain a high level of customer service to Town residents.
Appointments will be scheduled Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 704-455-5614 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Only first-time applicants will be accepted. Those applying for passports can save time by visiting the Travel State website to print applications and review fees prior to applying in person at Town Hall. To apply, the following documents are required:
- Certified copy of U.S. citizenship evidence that lists parent(s) name
- Photocopies, notarized copies, and hospital birth certificates are not acceptable
- Form DS-11 if applying for the first time, or under age 16
- Form DS-82 if submitting a previous U.S. passport issued in the last 15 years to an individual age 16 or older
- One color passport photo, size: 2 inches by 2 inches
- Please note that photo services are not provided at Town Hall
- A photocopy, front and back, of a valid photo identification (ID)
- Valid photo ID, examples: driver’s license, state-issued ID, student ID
- A $35 application fee for each application submitted (All forms of payment accepted.)
- Adult passport fees: $110 per passport book; $30 per passport card (Check or money order only.)
- Minor (under 16) passport fees: $80 per passport book; $15 per passport card (Check or money order only.)
Children under 16 require the consent of both parents, or the parent having sole legal custody, for passport issuance. Please see the State Department website for more information.
Contact Customer Service at 704-455-5614 or send an email for more information.